Sad Chicken Story

RogerTheChicken

Songster
6 Years
May 17, 2014
It all started about 2 weeks ago when I got my two little White Cochin Bantams, from a man at the flea market, he only likes chickens for the money, he says "Chickens are dumb things without feelings". When I bought the poor things they seemed sad and depressed in the little cage, the man said they were probably sick, he hadn't checked them in a week, if he didn't sell them today they would be snake food. I immediately got them. It was good for a week, I saw them in the quarantine pen getting space, dust bathing, and scratching for their first time in a while, they were happy for once. The little rooster and her were about 3 yrs old but I didn't care. Well on week two I went out to the pen and saw him he was acting sad again, I looked at his other eye and it was swollen over, I tried everything to save the little guy, I told the man at the flea market and he said, " bring him back, he has a special place for him, I knew that meant snake food. I told him no, by that time | had become attached to them, Marshmallow the hen and S'more the rooster. I went out to check on him one morning and found him dead, with little Marshmallow all depressed and sad looking, she looked at me and made a soft clucking noise, she had her wing wrapped around him. What makes me upset is that people like that man think chickens are dumb with no emotions. Yeah because little Marshmallow has no emotions.

R.I.P. S'mores

Last edited:
That is a sad story. How is Marshmallow doing? poor baby. That man doesn't deserve chickens. They have emotions just like any other animal. Sorry for your loss of S'mores
hugs.gif

Thanks everyone, I don't understand why he is like that, his brother is very nice and loves chickens. Marshmallow is doing better and likes to follow me around the coop, she really likes to sit in my lap now, I can tell she misses s'mores though.

Back
Top Bottom