sad chicken

sugarplumphoto

Hatching
9 Years
May 31, 2010
I originally posted about my black maran not going up on the roost. I found her on Tuesday unable to walk, so I immediately rushed her into a vet
smile.png
He couldn't really find anything wrong and we're both kind of perplexed as to what's going on. She was vaccinated for Marak's but you never can be 100% however she has no strength in her legs. She does kind of wobble around but then usually looses her balance and catches herself with a wing. I read about a possible vitamin B deficiency so I tried giving her Marmite but she had no interest. I put some liquid Vit. B-12 on her beak and will continue to do that daily as well as I'm giving her antibiotics from the vet.

Does anyone have any possible ideas as to what's going on with my poor chicken? She's about 7 months, laid 4-6 eggs the first few weeks of August and hasn't laid since. She does eat and drink if it's in front of her and pecks at the ground but not with much effort.

Sadly I'm not able to be home with her most of the day and am unsure about separating her... so I really hope to find some remedy...

Back
Top Bottom