Sad Kitty Cat Story :(

Saltiena

Songster
12 Years
Mar 30, 2007
Peach Bottom
my cat had been missing for about 2 weeks, we live in a rural area so it isn't uncommon for my cats to run away, but this cat had always stayed close to home, rarley left the property, somtimes we would look out the window and see him laying asleep in the corn feild, well apperently he didn't run away, he got hit by one of the amish tillers while he was asleep in the feild, he steadily crawled home yesterday useing his two front legs, his entire tail is severed of and both of his back legs are broken, he went to the vet this morning (we didn't WANT to wait, but no vet was open so we had to take him in the morning)after a night af painful moans and cries throughout the whole night, he went into surgery to have his tail amputated, his one leg also may have to be amputated, not neccassarily, and his other broken leg will just have to be in a cast, we feel so bad and he is in so much pain, he also can't eat because of the anistetic that they give him in the vets office so he hasn't eaten in weeks
sad.png
i just felt i had to tell somone, when he is back all "casted" up and feeling better i can post a pic if he's not too bad, just wanted to mention it
hit.gif
hit.gif
hit.gif

(sorry, many spelling errors, had to edit quickly)

Last edited:
I had a cat that liked to roam. Well he ended up getting shot in the leg. It took me a while to realize that he was missing. I guess he was gone most of a week.

Finally one day, we go out thinking he was dead and he was laying on the ground and man was he skinny. He had a huge abcess in his right leg where the bullet had gone in. I couldn't see an exit wound but he was real fortunate that he didn't have a broken leg. He had a bad bruise on the leg bone I could see it, through the hole, it was that big!

I had to have my daughter hold him down while I cleaned and squeezed the goo out and then I flushed it with betidine wash and peroxide. I also shoved a ton of bag balm which is very anticeptic into the wound, finishing with giving him a 1/4 asprin for pain. He was really bad.

He didn't eat all day but came in and drank loads of water. The next day he came in and ate like you wouldn't believe. I was amazed at the cat. He was up and moving in a week and for oh 8 months he walked with a limp. I took most of the muscle in that leg out because it was so bad and he acts like, today, that nothing ever happened.

He is still with us although he doesn't roam anymore. LOL You could never tell that anything was ever wrong with that leg.

Arklady

Quote:
we did the bedtidine and peroxide flush and it seemed to help, but with hazel the firest thing he did was serch for food, our food (on top of a bench to avoide spilling) was to high so he just sat and looked at the food for 5 minutes uintill we were done medicating him and then he ate and drank like you cnt immagine but he's in surgury now so i hope it all works out

Your poor kitty!
hit.gif
How awful! Amazing that he crawled home! What a poor, hurt, wonderful kitty!
He'll be in my thoughts! Keeping my fingers crossed that no amputated leg, but even if it is three legged kitties get around just fine!

Give him a kiss for me when he gets home.. and some of that expensive Fancy Feast catfood.

Meghan

Quote:
okay, i will and after he scarfed down all that hard whiskas cat food,he fell asleep and we opened a can of fancy feast food and he woke up and tryed as hard as he could to wobble over to get the food, he knows that since hes hurt, he can get all the good expencive food
big_smile.png
, i hope we hear from the vet today, just as an update
roll.png
, that vet office isn't to good about returning calls, but it doesn't matter b/c the bill is reasonable and our kittys always come back healthy again
big_smile.png

Thats one of the reasons when we moved into the country our cats became indoor kitties. We had one close call with our Patches when she was rolled by a car/ I thought for sure she was a goner. She 18 now and her sister is 7. Both these cats belong to my son who was just depoyed to Iraq. Its important to me to keep them healthy for him Hes had Patches since he was three and it would be hard for him if she passed When ever he came home on leave one of the first thiings he did was pick her up. She still sleeps iin his room even though hes no longer here. I hope your kitty mends, and can live a long and happy life.

Quote:
thanks, i need the boost, i'm feeling down, iv'e had him for 3 years, but i have his mom & dad, when he and his sister (yes we were lucky enough to have a two kitten litter) were born they were in an abandoned barn that colappesed in certain areas and was completly dry rotted, on the second floor in the back corner, i and me alone brave the long walk to fetch the kittens so even though it's only been 3 years, he's nearly my best friend i couldn't bear to loose him

Awwww...what a trooper! You and your cat are in my prayers. Hopefully he will rebound and be just like his old self in no time!

Cute photo - whatta ham!
smile.png

Best wishes!

TJ

Back
Top Bottom