Sad News today! Silkieluvr

marie_martin

Songster
12 Years
Feb 21, 2007
Grenada, MS
DH got home at 3pm and called to tell me we lost one chick, the one with the curled toes. I don't know what happened, he was fine this morning. Has been eating and everything. I am devastated. And the little one that was so weak was doing much better but DH says it does not look good either. I just don't know? I am at work so it is so hard. Guess whatever happens will have to happen until I can get there. Dang it, I hate that.

Marie

sad.png
Im sorry to hear that. Do you have any other ones?
sad.png

So sorry to hear about your loss.
sad.png
I know it's hard to be stuck at work and not know what is going on at home with your chicks. Hopefully the other will make it okay.

The other one had passed by the time I got home. DH took care of things so I would not have to. He knows how much I care about them. The other 4 seem fine so far. Fighting and playing. I got a new light, was not sure if the old one was keeping them warm enough. So we bought a new one. I don't think that was it but I needed a new one anyway. I am sure that all 4 are probably roosters. I will keep you updated.

Marie

Sorry to hear about your little ones - that is so sad. Its awful having to go to work when things are not going well at home, even for our little chicks. I'm glad the other four seem okay now. Take care.

aawwww sorry to hear you lost those babies.
sad.png
They get to your heart strings really fast don't they? ***hugs***

Marie, I am so sorry! I have been hatching eggs for two days. It was touch and go on a few as we had lost power during the incubating period. I was soooo afraid I was going to lose them all. For 24 hours, they were outside under the hen until our power was restored. Lo and behold, we have about 8 so far that have hatched. Two are silkies. We are still hatching, so I am still being cautious. I'm so sorry for your loss. But don't worry, everything will work out in the end.
smile.png

Back
Top Bottom