Sad pekin drake

Now you'll have to be the one to make that decision I have Muscovy, Runners and Buffs all living together. The Muscovy drake never mates with the other 2 breeds he has his own girls but they all live together with out any problems. I guarantee your Pekin drake won't have that problem. I hope @Ren2014 can advise on keeping these 2 breeds together.

Then I would slowly introduce those to him in a look no touch pen and not get Muscovy..:frow
My concern is that he's fine roaming the yard during the day with the chickens, it's at night alone in his pen that he stresses. He paces and bites at the chicken wire and looks totally unsettled. When I put a couple chickens in with him, he calms down. I did introduce a few babies yesterday in the yard, and he didn't seem to care one way or another about them.

I didn't see the post about the KC ,If you can show him a lot of attention in the mean time then maybe that would be best unless you just want Muscovy? I love mine they are great birds.

My concern is that he's fine roaming the yard during the day with the chickens, it's at night alone in his pen that he stresses. He paces and bites at the chicken wire and looks totally unsettled. When I put a couple chickens in with him, he calms down. I did introduce a few babies yesterday in the yard, and he didn't seem to care one way or another about them.
Then keep introducing him and they will bond...So great you have Ducklings he will bond to them in no time...

Back
Top Bottom