Sad story

Discussion in 'Pictures & Stories of My Chickens' started by pw_quiltworks, Dec 15, 2010.

1. pw_quiltworks

pw_quiltworks One Handy Chick

Jan 7, 2009
    Maine
    I don't usually get upset over chickens but I bought 6 porcelain bantam eggs from My Pet Chicken. They arrived in perfect shape. I put them in the incubator. A week later I candled them. Every one of them had developed. I was absolutely thrilled. I was and am extremely happy with what I bought. It was "NOT" thier fault at all. They were very professional and I would buy from again. I wanted to have my own lavender line with a project I had in mind. I thought this all out over the summer and seeing that we have bad winters I would have kept them down cellar where it's about 64 degrees until spring. Anyway....we lost our power TWICE and I lost every one of them. Two pipped but died in shell. I am just so upset over this. I really wanted some chicks for my new line. [​IMG] I wanted only two but would have kept them all had they hatched. I am just sick over it.

2. Yay Chicks!

Yay Chicks! Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 15, 2010
    Forest Grove, OR
    I'm so sorry. Perhaps you can try again with the temperatures rise this spring?

3. pw_quiltworks

pw_quiltworks One Handy Chick

Jan 7, 2009
    Maine
    I will probably do that. Maybe I will buy them at a meet. Thanks. Sighs wondering if sping will ever come.

4. monaandthechicks

monaandthechicks Out Of The Brooder

Nov 1, 2009
    MA.
    [​IMG][​IMG] sorry!! [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by