Sad this morning, only BYC'ers would understand

gritsar

Cows, Chooks & Impys - OH MY!
14 Years
Nov 9, 2007
SW Arkansas
We were in Mena, Arkansas yesterday to do some shopping for the wedding. I managed to talk my fiance' into going to Atwoods to look at the baby poultry. They had tons of standard baby chicks and ducklings, but only 7 tiny tiny bantam chicks. They weren't any bigger than silver dollars.
I tried to talk my fiance' into letting me bring those banties home, but he talked me out of them; arguing we aren't prepared for chicks and we have so much going on with the wedding plans, etc. He was right, as usual.
roll.png

Now Mena has been devastated by a tornado and there is no power there.
I'm sad that I didn't bring those chicks home. I don't see anyway those tiny babies could survive with a heat lamp. We lost power too, but I could have kept them warm by the gas stove until our power came back on.
I'm being silly because people lost their lives in that storm, but I can't stop thinking about those chicks.
sad.png

That is sad. Yes I would be thinking about those poor defenseless chicks as well as all the store clerks that you spent time with. They could be among the casualties as well.

Quote:
I'm not familiar with Atwood's but am asssuming if a farm supply place. I'm sure that they also have some kind of back up heat supply like kerosene heaters or something or maybe somebody will think to fill up jars or hot water bottles to put in to keep them warm. Try not to worry - I get things like that on my mind too and it really bugs you to death.

Back
Top Bottom