Sad time at our farm

Two nights with birds locked up and no sighting of the coyote returning yet. I'm guessing it was spooked by my husband and is waiting a few days before trying to return. But, hubby is now doing middle of the night patrolling with our 3yo newfy to further deter the coyote so that may be working, too. We have also put the neighbors on high alert since many have poultry. We will continue to lock them up until we go at least 10 days with no sighting or hear it has been dealt with by a neighbor.

Firing up bator today for the 2 buff dewlaps eggs I got and will slip them under a reliable broody once I know they are viable.

Two nights with birds locked up and no sighting of the coyote returning yet. I'm guessing it was spooked by my husband and is waiting a few days before trying to return. But, hubby is now doing middle of the night patrolling with our 3yo newfy to further deter the coyote so that may be working, too. We have also put the neighbors on high alert since many have poultry. We will continue to lock them up until we go at least 10 days with no sighting or hear it has been dealt with by a neighbor.

Firing up bator today for the 2 buff dewlaps eggs I got and will slip them under a reliable broody once I know they are viable.
Gotta love newfy's (you did mean Newfoundland) total couch potato's till there is work to be done. Then there on it....

Thanks for the good wishes. I got a third egg yesterday, so am waiting until tomorrow to hopefully get a 4th egg before setting them.

@JRies I love my 3yo newfoundland so much I just got her baby sister a few weeks ago. Very true about being a couch potato until it's time to go do something.

Back
Top Bottom