"Sad Update" Dog People: Need advice

Quote:
She seems to be doing a bit better, she eats and drinks little at a time, and we are taking her out and helping her potty. The vet gave her Prednizone and she seems to have some feeling coming back, so we are waiting and watching. Thanks for asking.

Sadly we lost Sadie about 9:30 last night. The vet put her on a second medicine and the two combined seemed to do a number on her, she could't even raise her head. I stopped the second medicine but she never recovered, she would drink but refused to eat. My daughter had called the vet to get an appt. to have her put down, which we were all dreading, but, she passed here and for that we are glad. We had a nice burial for her today, she is in my flower garden and we planted Daffodils and Hyacinths over her grave. We are surely going to miss her, she was a great dog and was wonderful with the kids. I want to Thank You all for the advice and helpful links, and well wishes. We got Sadie from Freecycle and had her for three months, funny how quickly they can steal your heart.

Take care

sad.png
sorry for your loss

Last edited:
I am so sorry to hear that she passed on, if you need to talk I am here
hugs.gif

I'm not sure if you ahave seen this poem or not but while sad, it is comforting.

Just this side of heaven is a place called Rainbow Bridge.
When an animal dies that has been especially close to someone here, that pet goes to Rainbow Bridge. There are meadows and hills for all of our special friends so they can run and play together. There is plenty of food, water and sunshine, and our friends are warm and comfortable.

All the animals who had been ill and old are restored to health and vigor. Those who were hurt or maimed are made whole and strong again, just as we remember them in our dreams of days and times gone by. The animals are happy and content, except for one small thing; they each miss someone very special to them, who had to be left behind.
They all run and play together, but the day comes when one suddenly stops and looks into the distance. His bright eyes are intent. His eager body quivers. Suddenly he begins to run from the group, flying over the green grass, his legs carrying him faster and faster.

You have been spotted, and when you and your special friend finally meet, you cling together in joyous reunion, never to be parted again. The happy kisses rain upon your face; your hands again caress the beloved head, and you look once more into the trusting eyes of your pet, so long gone from your life but never absent from your heart.

Then you cross Rainbow Bridge together....

Author unknown...

Last edited:
I am so sorry to hear that you lost Sadie, i know that there are no words that can make it any better, but I'm very sorry.
"Dogs' lives are too short. Their only fault, really." ~Agnes Sligh Turnbull

SOrry for the loss of your baby.
Be happy that she passed with you, with love and care instead of in a kennel some where. You made her last days good and she knew she was loved and cared for.
love.gif
hugs.gif

(((((HUGS))))) I am so so sorry. We had to have our German Shepard X euthanized last summer. Hard, so hard. We had known for a long time it was coming, ---long story----but it didn't make it any easier.

Lots of love to you and your family...so many of us understand all too well.

Michele~

Back
Top Bottom