Sad...

Marshmallow1234

Songster
Oct 25, 2020
Canada
I made a really tough decision today.. since I saw the roosters started to fight, I decided to send both of them back to where they came from (the farm). I was really sad and heartbroken because both of my roosters love me and I love them and we would always cuddle with each other and they would follow me when I call them. So after I got two adult hens but they don’t seem to like me. They run away and any advice to get them more comfortable with me? I still really miss the roosters...;(

i’m sure that the new hens will like you in due time, try sitting on the ground and letting them come to you- and holding out some treats that they may like, they only just met you so they need time! they need to get used to you and learn that you’re not a threat

i’m sure that the new hens will like you in due time, try sitting on the ground and letting them come to you- and holding out some treats that they may like, they only just met you so they need time! they need to get used to you and learn that you’re not a threat
Yeah I really miss my roosters;(

One thing to remember - chickens are prey animals. Everything wants to eat them, so their instinct is going to be to run from anything (including people) that chases them, or comes at them from above (reaching down to pick them up). They’re going to need some time to adjust and learn that you are not going to hurt them.

Back
Top Bottom