sad

Discussion in 'Pictures & Stories of My Chickens' started by jools22, Dec 26, 2010.

1. jools22

jools22 Out Of The Brooder

Jan 10, 2009
    A sad day today. Our chicken 'Youngy' passed away peacefully in her sleep in her bed of straw. She contracted sour crop for the second time and did not respond to antibiotics this time. We suspect that she had some form of cancer from what we researched. She was a lovely girl and even came to her name when we called her. She will be missed. This is the first one we have lost and i cant quite believe how upset we are. A few tears were shed. Thanks to everyone on this forum and the chat room for all your help with trying to solve her problem. It is very helpful to us as we are first time chicken owners. Thank you Love Jools and Gaz

2. Knock Kneed Hen

Knock Kneed Hen California Dream'in Chickens

Feb 15, 2010
    So. Cal.
    [​IMG] So sorry. We do get attached to our little fuzzy butts.

3. BooBear

BooBear Chicken Cuddler

Oct 7, 2010
    Conroe, Texas
    [​IMG]

4. gryeyes

gryeyes Covered in Pet Hair & Feathers

I was so amazed how really upset I was at the loss of my first chicken. My goodness, they're adorable, and friendly, and I raised them from chicks, but... they live outside, and they're... well.... chickens.

Didn't matter. I sobbed and sobbed.

And it wasn't any easier for the second one. I guess I just love 'em so much, even if they don't sleep with me like my dogs and cats.

I'm so sorry for your loss. [​IMG]

5. ChickLover98

ChickLover98 The Chicken Princess

Apr 24, 2010
    Pennsylvania
    [​IMG] [​IMG] Aww. It sounds like she went through alot. So sorry! [​IMG] [​IMG]

6. bargain

bargain Love God, Hubby & farm Premium Member

Apr 13, 2008
    Bowdon, GA
    I'm sorry but I'm glad she had you caring for her! Will put you in our prayers..Nancy

7. FoodKillah

FoodKillah Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 12, 2010
    Mediterranean Sea
    Remember the good times i am sure this hens soul is grateful she lived by you with all that love you showed to her.

I lost my first hen one month ago too.

[​IMG] [​IMG]

8. gritsar

gritsar Cows, Chooks & Impys - OH MY!

Nov 9, 2007
    SW Arkansas
    [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by