Jul 22, 2013
So first I hatched 13 bobwhite quails no problems for 2 weeks then one dies,
it gets weak
it doesn't move a lot
it has messed up feathers
it keeps closing its eyes
it is silent
it defecates white
Another one died the same way after 4 weeks, but then it accelerates like a bullet from there: it is 10 weeks in and I lost 4 of them the last week the same way, and now I only have 1 and it looks sick already! I gave it antobiotics because it seems like quail disease but it has little to no help! Some of them die in like and hour, others take up to 2 days! I am down to my last one now, if it dies I will cry for a full day I can't take it anymore seeing all of my quails die from the same freaking disease I feel as much emotional pain as they feel physical pain! This summer sucks already then all my quails die the same painful way! I can't take it anymore! I put the last one in a cardboard box that is clean and I bake its food it will probably die in a few hours I hope someone reads this and at least knows how sad I feel...

I'm so sorry.
hugs.gif

The last one started looking less sick, then it fled by itself, I hope it has a good life God forgive me

What is the easiest quail to raise definitely not bobwhite disease wise, I thought about California because they are around where I live

Have you ever tried button quail? I read that they are very disease resistant. I don't actually have any experience with quail, but I want to get some buttons.

it has been almost a month i am still watching the videos of them over and over again
hit.gif
so sad i hope that last one has a great time need to raise quail again they are so cute

It must be some sort of quail sickness ...we had exactly the same thing happen .
We brought 25 chicks and no joke we only have 5 left all the others died in 2-4 days they had the same food they had been fed by the person we brought them off feed them ..water avaliable ..heat and so on ...so we asjed a breeder and he said
That its just something that comes in the air on rainy days and it kills them off very quickly ...so Sad :'(

Back
Top Bottom