Safe at Last,son home from middle east

A challenge well accepted,,,luvmychicknkids,,,,thanks for letting us know how it makes you husband feel. I wanted to do that at the airport and was afraid of making any of them feel funny. Thank you and thank your husband.

What wonderful news! Tell him my family thanks him for all he has done. God bless
yippiechickie.gif

I will take you up on that challenge and when we go meet my DD's ship when it comes in from the Gulf June 4th, I will greet and hug and thank as many sailors as I can get ahold of!
big_smile.png
I am so glad she is almost home and we miss her so much. We are driving from WY to Virginia to meet the ship. It will be so exciting. The families of the sailors get to go to a "Homecoming Party" the night before the ship comes into port and then a special breakfast the morning of the arrival. Then everyone will meet on the dock and wait. And watch as the big ol' girl pulls in. They've been gone for 8 months and some of the things she has seen and done have been amazing.

It will be so good for them to be home, as I'm sure your son and you know. It always makes me feel good when I hear about a soldier/sailor coming home safely. Give him a hug for me.
cool.png

I, too, am glad he is home safe. I have a son serving in the Navy in Japan. He's not in harm's way, but he's serving. At the moment his ship is anchored off the coast of Thailand waiting to give aid IF the country of Myanmar will let us in to help their people. He is supposed to be coming home in December for about a month. It will be good to see him again and see how much more he's grown up in the last year and a half!

I am so glad your son made it home!

The sacrifice your son and all of the other members of the armed forces is making in order to protect this country is truly appreciated. Please tell him "thankyou" from me and my family, for all that he has done to protect this country.

Thanks for sharing your good news with us.

Marrie,
I'm happy you are so fortunate to have your son return safe and sound. To your son: "Welcome home, Bro! Hoooaaahhh!" As a combat vet, why not join the VFW? We can always use new members!

While boarding an airplane last month, when asked if my leg amputation was a result of combat... When I answered in the affirmative, the pilot and copilot both shook my hand and I got hugs from the stewardesses. That threw me for a loop! That made my day!

I still get choked up when I see Our US flag flapping in the wind and I cry profusely when Our national anthem is played. As my has turned white, I think now, after all these years,what the true cost of freedom has been.

I am so happy for you that they are back. Both of mine are back now, but my DD's SO went over as she was coming home. There is nothing to compare to a happy homecoming.

They all deserve our thanks.

Back
Top Bottom