SAFE HOSES?

I just took this so you can see what they look like now! So impressive - at least to a new duck Mama. :love

KalelAm, Where do you get "heated" drinking hoses?! I have one that can withstand temps up to 160 degrees but I don't (currently) have a outside spigot that has hot water.

And Lydia, I just searched for ones that are shrink down and came up empty handed.
I bought mine on Amazon. You plug it in to the outlet and it keeps the hose from freezing. Much better than hauling water! I think it is for RVing, too. They are rather expensive and not as flexible as a regular hose.

I’ve wondered about the safety of the new hoses as well. I bought a really nice one from Costco a couple years ago. I notice that the water is foamy when it sits in the hose for any length of time especially if the sun is out. I make sure and let it run till it’s chills and clear. That gives me the creeps but otherwise it’s such a nice hose!

Hoses when we were kids were most likely made in the USA. Now they’re all made somewhere else out of who knows what. Many more chemicals than the old hoses, not that they were all that great either.

I’ve wondered about the safety of the new hoses as well. I bought a really nice one from Costco a couple years ago. I notice that the water is foamy when it sits in the hose for any length of time especially if the sun is out. I make sure and let it run till it’s chills and clear. That gives me the creeps but otherwise it’s such a nice hose!

Hoses when we were kids were most likely made in the USA. Now they’re all made somewhere else out of who knows what. Many more chemicals than the old hoses, not that they were all that great either.
I see. I thought that it was a risk of heavy metals. I'm not sure where that thought came from. Still... I'm not sure I want to even spray my vegetable garden with chemical water.

Back
Top Bottom