Safe to eat eggs?

In chickens I've only seen roundworms and cecal worms.

-Kathy
I've seen capillary worms using a magnifying glass, even then it was tough to see them, they were swaying back and forth in some feces, no breeze to cause them to move. I've seen large roundworms and cecal worms...and my friends, tapeworms. LOL

Seen tapes in cats and dogs, not poultry. The only time I saw cecal worms was during a necropsy and they were quite hard for me to see, even with glasses on, lol.
old.gif

-Kathy

These are what I saw and the part of the intestine you're looking at is one of the cecal pouches (or whatever they're called, lol).

-Kathy

If I find a pile with the worms in tomorrow, I will post a pic. They reminded my of like tiny rice. It's gross to compare it to food, but that is was it looked like. I had noticed one of them was sneezing and did sound congested a little while ago. Could worms have something to do with that? There wasn't any stuff at the nose and the eyes weren't watery or anything, she just sounded congested. So you recommend safeguard at TSC, but it's for goats, correct? What is the time frame to throw out the eggs then for that?

If I find a pile with the worms in tomorrow, I will post a pic. They reminded my of like tiny rice. It's gross to compare it to food, but that is was it looked like. I had noticed one of them was sneezing and did sound congested a little while ago. Could worms have something to do with that? There wasn't any stuff at the nose and the eyes weren't watery or anything, she just sounded congested. So you recommend safeguard at TSC, but it's for goats, correct? What is the time frame to throw out the eggs then for that?

Back
Top Bottom