1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

Safeguard: single dose then repeat in 10 days, or just 3 consecutive doses?

Discussion in 'Emergencies / Diseases / Injuries and Cures' started by ChicksNQuails, Feb 12, 2014.

1. ChicksNQuails

ChicksNQuails Out Of The Brooder

Sep 4, 2013
    I think I've seen people recommend both ways. I did the 3 consecutive days on one chicken a few months back. She seems fine now. But the single dose and redose in 10 days seems to make more sense to get the newly hatched worms. What are ya'lls experiences?

2. Mehjr10

Mehjr10 Chillin' With My Peeps

May 17, 2012
    Moscow, TN
    Dose then follow in 10 Days !

3. casportpony

casportpony Team Tube Feeding Captain & Poop Inspector General Premium Member

Jun 24, 2012
    My Coop
    I think it depends on how much you give. If you give .2ml per 2.2 pounds just once you might not get very good coverage. The smallest single dose I give is .5ml per 2.2 pounds. Might be good to take a poop sample to a vet.

-Kathy

4. ChicksNQuails

ChicksNQuails Out Of The Brooder

Sep 4, 2013
    She's average size, so I gave her 0.5mls of safeguard. I gave her wazine 3 days ago, but then I read to not even bother with that anymore.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by