Safety hole?

@MGG @Pyxis my single duckling in the incubator can reach the heating element and has knocked its head on it a couple time quickly. I’ve burnt my hand on it and it is hot. I am going to bed soon and don’t want to have to worry about it burning it’s self. Is there anything you guys have done in this situation? What do you guys think? I’ve been trying not to open it so much cuz one has pipped but I have opened it a few times. Any advice? I also tried putting like a tray in their so it wouldn’t move as much and touch it but it was still tall
enough.
Thx Alli

And my humidity was like 90% right after the hatch and then I got it back down to 70% and when I open the incubator it goes down but regains it’s humidity back within minutes. I hope I’m not opening it that much.

@MGG @Pyxis my single duckling in the incubator can reach the heating element and has knocked its head on it a couple time quickly. I’ve burnt my hand on it and it is hot. I am going to bed soon and don’t want to have to worry about it burning it’s self. Is there anything you guys have done in this situation? What do you guys think? I’ve been trying not to open it so much cuz one has pipped but I have opened it a few times. Any advice? I also tried putting like a tray in their so it wouldn’t move as much and touch it but it was still tall
enough.
Thx Alli
Take him out and put him in the brooder. What kind of incubator? I only leave my babies in 3-4 hours after they hatch, max. He's ready for the brooder.

This look good? I haven’t added foot or water.
2195E674-FC45-47F8-A49D-7D114885A9D0.jpeg

What day are they at?
I've had that done before, it can help, but I don't advise it.
Hello! I have 6 eggs in the incubator and all of them have internally pipped but one (I’m not sure what’s happening with that one...) 2 I noticed internally pipped at lunch yesterday around 1:30. It hasn’t externally pipped yet but it is moving a lot. Should I make a safety whole?
Thx Alli

Back
Top Bottom