Saint Nick came early?

frigginchi

Chirping
7 Years
Oct 4, 2012
Saratoga, CA
So, I have been wanting a flock of Guineas lately. I hit up PeepsCA and she told me it's not the season for keets or eggs. Crapola

So today I decide to sit in my garden and watch Youtube videos of Guineas. So here I am minding my own business watching vids of Guineas chasing puppies and fighting snakes and all that Jazz. Then I came to a vid of Male guinea fowls make a ruckus. So I watch the vid and hear a ruckus in the tree tops in the valley below me. I went inside to make a sammich and get a drink. I came back outside and sat down. All of a sudden. like a scene out of Apocalypse Now with Ride of the Valkyries playing, a flock of 5 Guineas land about 5 feet away from me. I said WhiskeyTangoFoxtrot!?! They were mad or something because they are doing their loud call and puffing at my laptop. Was I a good boy this year and Saint Nick came early? My nearest neighbor is a 1/2 mile away from me and they only have a few chickens. So I get up and the Guineas stand their ground. Now they are less than a foot away from me. I reach to touch them but they back just right out of arm's reach. So I finished my lunch and go about feeding my quail. The quintet of guineas follow me into the quail pen. Weird. After the quails were fed and watered I start to leave the pen. Now in my head I'm thinking do I close the door and trap them in the pen? Then I thought. I better not. I'll wake up and all the quail will be massacred by the Guinea Mafia. So I open the door and they follow me out. As soon as they get out they fly up to the oak tree near the pen.

It's been a few hours since they flew up to the oak tree. I come back outside and they fly back down. Looking at me as though I owe them money or something. So I sprinkle some feed on the ground and they start eating. I wonder if they'll stick around. I'll see if I can snap a pic of Marky Mark and the Funky Bunch.

Last edited:
So, I have been wanting a flock of Guineas lately. I hit up PeepsCA and she told me it's not the season for keets or eggs. Crapola

So today I decide to sit in my garden and watch Youtube videos of Guineas. So here I am minding my own business watching vids of Guineas chasing puppies and fighting snakes and all that Jazz. Then I came to a vid of Male guinea fowls make a ruckus. So I watch the vid and hear a ruckus in the tree tops in the valley below me. I went inside to make a sammich and get a drink. I came back outside and sat down. All of a sudden. like a scene out of Apocalypse Now with Ride of the Valkyries playing, a flock of 5 Guineas land about 5 feet away from me. I said WhiskeyTangoFoxtrot!?! They were mad or something because they are doing their loud call and puffing at my laptop. Was I a good boy this year and Saint Nick came early? My nearest neighbor is a 1/2 mile away from me and they only have a few chickens. So I get up and the Guineas stand their ground. Now they are less than a foot away from me. I reach to touch them but they back just right out of arm's reach. So I finished my lunch and go about feeding my quail. The quintet of guineas follow me into the quail pen. Weird. After the quails were fed and watered I start to leave the pen. Now in my head I'm thinking do I close the door and trap them in the pen? Then I thought. I better not. I'll wake up and all the quail will be massacred by the Guinea Mafia. So I open the door and they follow me out. As soon as they get out they fly up to the oak tree near the pen.

It's been a few hours since they flew up to the oak tree. I come back outside and they fly back down. Looking at me as though I owe them money or something. So I sprinkle some feed on the ground and they start eating. I wonder if they'll stick around. I'll see if I can snap a pic of Marky Mark and the Funky Bunch.
Looks like you have yourself a free range Rogue flock. Feed em and they will stay. But you are right I wouldn't put em in with my quail either. Hang a mirror outside feed them when you go out there. They will be yours.

I wonder if they heard the Youtube squaking and came to check it out. LOL. Have you heard any Buck Wheats in the group yet?

deb

yuckyuck.gif

We have 5 guineas and 3 keets brooding in the basement. We also call them the Mafia. Just gotta love the guineas!

LOL better add on to your coop... looks like they've set up camp and are there to stay. Letting you get that close, and following into the quail pen is a good sign... they already trust you so just keep feeding them and they will start looking at you as the FOOD GOD
wink.png

Too funny about them looking at you like you owe them money or something, lol... I know that exact look, I see it every day at about 7:30AM and about 4:30 every night, lol.

Congrats, hope they have adopted you and nobody comes looking for them, and at least one of them is a Hen so you can hatch some more!

Guess I bmight be scratching you off the egg list for next season huh? LOL

Back
Top Bottom