Sally's GF3 thread

Pics
How about those vintage Bucs uniforms?
Yeah, I asked DH who was the orange team? :lol:

The 3rd and longs got ... stressful...? to watch. Because it's... the Lions.

I think they said that the Lions have won 13 of their last 16 games, and haven't done that since about the time I've been alive! :lau (season of 61-62)

Elm was my Dad's favorite firewood. We (technically, they, I guess) heated with wood for about 40 years. My sister has for more than 20 and still does.

I carried an awful lot of it. I don't remember it smelling bad but we were milking 60 cows and raising all the heifers. I doubt a "barnyard-ish" smell would have registered much.

Actually, I like the smell of a barn - not the manure, especially at barn cleaning time - but the hay, grain, wood, fresh air, and general animal smell all mixed together with the quiet, the animals moving around, and feeling of shelter when a snowstorm blows outside. Sigh. The chickens in their shed provide a little bit of it.

Hubby split and I stacked wood today. We have a small stack of fresh elm cut and split for next year. Man, does that stuff stink! It has a barnyard, manure-y smell to it. :sick

Fresh split oak, on the other hand, smells great.
When I use Elm in my wood stove in garage, I noticed, that it does not burn as well, compared to other wood. I do have a lot of Maple logs, so when I build an overnight fire in garage, I first get a good fire going. Then I place an Elm log and call it an OVERNIGHTER. :old ... It burns slow, which is what I want.

Elm is very stringy. When it splits, it isn't a nice clean break, like with maple or oak. Having a splitter really helps. Same with walnut. They both fight you all the way down the log.

Wait...! Sally, you're burning walnut!? Yeah. It never gets to timber size here. The trees get a certain size, and then slowly die. Otherwise, we'd have been sitting on a fortune in wood on our property.

We wouldn't have ever cut them for timber anyway, so the point is moot.

Weird things that I do:

I take a deep breath when I pull a shirt on over my head.

Do I think I'm not going to make it out the neck opening?

Ok, I got the right arm through, but oh, man, that left sleeve...! Hang tough there, Sally, almost there! Yes! The left hand is past the cuff, now for the neck... Aaaaaand... I'm out! Gasp, gasp! Close one, but I made it!

:gigSometimes, I just have to laugh at myself.

Today I went to help my "bee guy" extract honey. He has an extractor that his machine shop students built. He said when they didn't have other projects, they worked on that. It's a NICE set up. It'll handle 12 frames at a time variable speed motor. Since he has 9 hives, he needs a machine to handle the work. The extractor that we got with our set up does 2 at a time. :D I have heard that people "get out of having bees" because of dealing with honey. SMH, but what do I know?

My hands still smell faintly of honey. :drool

You're sweet. Thank you.

The good dentist was very gentle, and fast. He also believed me when I said I could still feel pain in my mouth despite the Novocaine. Others don't. They scoff. They bull ahead despite my protestations.

I'd have to trust a dentist before submitting to sedation, and I do have trust issues. I can recall ripping off my napkin and trying to get out of the dentist's chair when I was about 5, don't recall why, just that I was afraid.
I have this problem too. I first discovered it while having my wisdom teeth removed. Not a fun experience at all. I can tell the instant it begins to wear off. Not fun when that happens before he comes in to start working on me. Now when the dentist (a different one) gives me the shot, I always remind him that it wears off fast on me. He knows that if he gets busy with someone else and doesn't come back quickly enough, he'll end up having to give me more.

Back
Top Bottom