Salmon Faverolle roo??

Phoenix, Arizona. I grew up and was very active in my poultry 4H club. I hadn't had any birds in years (more like decades) and my daughter decided to make a home-made incubator for her science fair project. I was hooked! We hatched out about 12 chickens...mostly roo's which we couldn't keep because of zoning. I have replaced them with feed store chicks that are sexed pullets because we love the fresh eggs! I have also found that my co-workers love them too and they are actually sustaining themselves with their egg production now. This is why I am hoping that this little one is a pullet. I love how sweet the breed is and would actually love to get another one, but am thinking that I would like to start getting some show quality birds that I could take to the fairs and such. Anyhow, I will cut this short if anyone has any purebred chicks in Phoenix from show quality lines let me know.

Unfortunately I don't know of anyone in the southwest with Favs. Do you still have your incubator? You could try some eggs.

Yes I do still have an incubator, but that has the inherent risk of roo's and I don't have a heart for culling them out! That's why I was hoping to buy already sexed day old chicks. :(

Only way to get sexed day olds is from a hatchery unfortunately. No breeders I know of vent sex (myself included). I can tell by 7-14 days but not earlier.

Back
Top Bottom