Salmon faverolle with no cheek fluff? Is it even a faverolle?

I ordered 15 chicks from hoovers. With all those chicks i got 1 salmon faverolle. That 1 salmon faverolle, who i bought for the SOLE PURPOSE of its cute cheeks! Has no cheek fluff. But has fluffy feet like a normal SF. WHY!? Is it just an overbred breed so it has a defect? Well, not a defect but you know. Is it not even a faverolle at all?

Her name is salmon. Do i need to make a new name now?:(:idunno
I have no idea whats going on except that little ball of fluff is incredibly adorable as well as w and clean! Good luck

I have no idea whats going on except that little ball of fluff is incredibly adorable as well as w and clean! Good luck
I figured out that she is a french wheaten maran:) here she is at 1 month now.

Attachments

• 20230405_192806.jpg
    20230405_192806.jpg
    428.2 KB · Views: 8
I ordered 15 chicks from hoovers. With all those chicks i got 1 salmon faverolle. That 1 salmon faverolle, who i bought for the SOLE PURPOSE of its cute cheeks! Has no cheek fluff. But has fluffy feet like a normal SF. WHY!? Is it just an overbred breed so it has a defect? Well, not a defect but you know. Is it not even a faverolle at all?

Her name is salmon. Do i need to make a new name now?:(:idunno
I dont what to say other than that is the cutest little buddy EVER!!! 😍😍

I actually have at least two muffless SF. One is original from Cackle hatchery (as well as several cross beaks) and the other is just a chick still, but her sister does have a nice muff.
One of the roosters in this latest batch of chicks also does not have a muff.

I have contacted the hatchery several times, but they do not seem to want to deal with the problem it seems.

It seemed like the best solution they could come up with was to kill the birds that are defective which in my case was about 1/3 of the original order.

Back
Top Bottom