Salmon faverolles acting “off”

😂 they are a funny bird it seems she has a fear of going down but not up 🤷🏼‍♀️ , have you ever left her where she is to see if she eventually comes out on her own? I’m sure she will get the hang of it soon, you certainly are trying your best ☺️
I did try on 3 separate days to leave her inside and see if she would eventually give in and find her way out. However she went until 3-4pm without moving an inch and I put her out to get food and water before it was time to go back in. She was famished and parched each time of course.

I did try on 3 separate days to leave her inside and see if she would eventually give in and find her way out. However she went until 3-4pm without moving an inch and I put her out to get food and water before it was time to go back in. She was famished and parched each time of course.
Crikey she definitely wasn’t going to come out then, poor girl. Have you trimmed her beard and muffs? Is she any better?

They don't see well and are sloow to process information.
They are eternal toddlers.
She's normal.:)
You might do well to physically keep her with you a few hours a day so she feels safe moving wherever she might be.
I've one here that will sleep in the worst spots because she won't move until either the flock comes close or I go fetch her.

Last edited:
They don't see well and are sloow to process information.
They are eternal toddlers.
She's normal.:)
You might do well to physically keep her with you a few hours a day so she feels safe moving wherever she might be.
I've one here that will sleep in the worst spots because she won't move until either the flock comes close or I go fetch her.
The last 4 days I’ve waited it out and she’s been coming all the way out on her own. I re-trimmed her muffs, widened the ramps and did some little “training sessions” with positive reinforcement with food when she was hungry. She’s come down an hour earlier each day but the earliest still 2pm.

I’m sure she’s stressed about these past few days but I need her to figure this out or she won’t survive the -40 winters here. Encouraged that she’s showing some progress.

Attachments

• 0D6A72DD-CBD6-4B9D-88AF-50561B14B747.jpeg
    0D6A72DD-CBD6-4B9D-88AF-50561B14B747.jpeg
    465.8 KB · Views: 4

Back
Top Bottom