Salmon faverolles fifth toe genetics/breeding

kmpcfp

Songster
9 Years
Mar 24, 2014
Southern Maryland
I have 3 beautiful salmon faverolles pullets (3.5 months) that seem nearly perfect in every way except their toes. One has 5 perfect separate toes on each foot, but her beard has a couple of black feathers. Another pullet has 5 toes on one foot, but only 4 on the other. The third has 5 toes, but the 2 back toes face to the side/down (duck footed).

I have another 10 chicks in the brooder that are about 4-5 weeks old, but atleast a few of those have 5th toes that are more spurs off the 4th toe. They are too young to assess body shape/color and they are from a different breeder from the first 3 pullets.

Can I expect a incorrectly toed bird to have offspring with an SOP toed bird to come out with atleast a few SOP toed birds? How many generations should I cross of those SOP offspring to breed true to the 5 toes?

I have 3 beautiful salmon faverolles pullets (3.5 months) that seem nearly perfect in every way except their toes. One has 5 perfect separate toes on each foot, but her beard has a couple of black feathers. Another pullet has 5 toes on one foot, but only 4 on the other. The third has 5 toes, but the 2 back toes face to the side/down (duck footed).

I have another 10 chicks in the brooder that are about 4-5 weeks old, but atleast a few of those have 5th toes that are more spurs off the 4th toe. They are too young to assess body shape/color and they are from a different breeder from the first 3 pullets.

Can I expect a incorrectly toed bird to have offspring with an SOP toed bird to come out with atleast a few SOP toed birds? How many generations should I cross of those SOP offspring to breed true to the 5 toes?
I think only breed quality birds should breed if for show if not who cares just tell people of that if they buy any chicks from you so they know that gene is present.

Back
Top Bottom