Salmon Favorelle Breeders in the Midwest?

iluvmichickens

Songster
9 Years
Jun 7, 2010
Iowa
Hi all!
1f642.png

I would love to get a bunch of Salmon Favorelles this coming Spring. I'm close to Sandhill Preservation but unsure of their quality and a little concerned about getting straight run. Has anyone gotten Salmon Favorelles from them? Or does anyone know of someone who breeds them? In a perfect world I'd get a bunch of pullets and one roo. And of course, they'd be the lovely cream color I admire!
1f609.png

Any help would be greatly appreciated! Thanks!!

I don't know of any breeders that sex chicks. Lund Poultry is in Wisconsin. They have chicks and eggs. Leisha Comer (Comer's Poultry) is in Ohio. You'd have to contact her to see what she has available. I think there is another in Michigan, but I can't remember who that is at the moment.

If you must get sexed chicks you unfortunately would have to get them from one of the large hatcheries. Of those I think Meyer has the best ones.

Thank you so much for the leads. I will check them all out! Do you recommend one over the other? Since I don't need the chicks until Spring, I'm hoping I'll be high on the list. I have the feeling that I will go through a breeder over a hatchery. Guess I'll just have to hope for a high pullet ratio and find someone to take the Roos.
Thanks again for providing me with names!
1f44d.png

I'm over in southwestern MN and raise bantam salmon faverolles. Right now all I'd have available for sale is 4-5 juvenile pair that are between 3-4 months old. I plan on firing up the incubators again in December. Keep in mind that up til about March, its much too cold to be just shipping a few chicks though, so would most likely be pick up only. I can start telling the sexes on the chicks at about 3-4 weeks (if they aren't already snatched up by then). Just a heads up...Duane Urch from Owatonna (southeastern MN) raises the standard faverolles .

Great, thanks for the info! I will need around 12 chicks no sooner than March. I'd be up for a road trip too if possible. I really want standard breed for the larger eggs. How do I get in touch with Duane Urch?

I'm over in southwestern MN and raise bantam salmon faverolles. Right now all I'd have available for sale is 4-5 juvenile pair that are between 3-4 months old. I plan on firing up the incubators again in December. Keep in mind that up til about March, its much too cold to be just shipping a few chicks though, so would most likely be pick up only. I can start telling the sexes on the chicks at about 3-4 weeks (if they aren't already snatched up by then). Just a heads up...Duane Urch from Owatonna (southeastern MN) raises the standard faverolles .
Do you have any salmon faverolle bantams for sale at this time?

Do you vaccinate for Maraks?

Back
Top Bottom