Salpingitis

rayrose

Songster
Apr 17, 2020
Columbia, SC
My Coop
My Coop
Just lost my 8 month old English Orp pullet Houdini. She seemed lethargic and wouldn't participate in treat time with her sisters. Decided to bring her inside to examine her, but she died in my arms before I could do anything. Had a necropsy performed on her at Clemson vet clinic, which is close to my house. Just got the report
and she died from Salpingitis ( infection and inflammation of the ovaduct). This is not commonly seen in a young POL pullet.

PLEASE inspect your birds on a regular basis and especially keep out a sharp eye for ANY unusual behavior. If I done this, I might have been able to treat the infection with an antibiotic, and stop the
spread of the infection and cure my girl. I was able to do this about a year ago with one of my other girls, who is now very healthy and one of my best girls. I'm devastated that my Houdini is gone and that I might still have her with me now, if I hadn't gotten lazy and ignored her. PLEASE learn from my mistake.

Just lost my 8 month old English Orp pullet Houdini. She seemed lethargic and wouldn't participate in treat time with her sisters. Decided to bring her inside to examine her, but she died in my arms before I could do anything. Had a necropsy performed on her at Clemson vet clinic, which is close to my house. Just got the report
and she died from Salpingitis ( infection and inflammation of the ovaduct). This is not commonly seen in a young POL pullet.

PLEASE inspect your birds on a regular basis and especially keep out a sharp eye for ANY unusual behavior. If I done this, I might have been able to treat the infection with an antibiotic, and stop the
spread of the infection and cure my girl. I was able to do this about a year ago with one of my other girls, who is now very healthy and one of my best girls. I'm devastated that my Houdini is gone and that I might still have her with me now, if I hadn't gotten lazy and ignored her. PLEASE learn from my mistake.
So sorry you lost her. I am sure you weren’t lazy - please don’t blame yourself. Learn and move on.
:hugs

Back
Top Bottom