San Diego Meetup Feb 25, 2012/Pics pg.1

Status
Not open for further replies.

Knock Kneed Hen

California Dream'in Chickens
9 Years
Feb 15, 2010
So. Cal.
We had an awesome meet up folks!! It was fun seeing old friends and making new ones. Thank you All-American-Chick and your brood for all the time, effort and creativeness you put into it. A huge thank you goes to dfdesigns for being a most gracious hostess. Finally, a giant thank you to all of our donors who helped make this meet up possible!

The gangs all here!

Wonderful venue thanks to a fellow BYC'er.

Sign in!

Yummy treats :d

467x700px-LL-532aeb64_IMG_5388.jpeg

A deviled egg contest results in a hands down winner!

And the prize goes to . . .

celebrate.gif
MARK YOUR CALENDARS FOR THE NEXT MEET UP: SAT., FEB. 25 10:30 AM-2PM
celebrate.gif

Because Dos Picos Park doesn't allow selling or trading or taking animals out of their cages
THE VENUE HAS BEEN CHANGED
We'll now be holding the meetup at dfdesigns barn in Ramona

18520 Dos Picos Park Road
Ramona, CA 92065

PARKING ALONG THE ROAD, IF YOU NEED HELP CARRYING STUFF PARK IN THE GATE DRIVEWAY AND HONK
***exceptions will be made for those needing to park close

Deviled egg contest @ 11 a.m., Prizes awarded @ 12 p.m.

PRIZES, RAFFLE, BEST DEVILED EGG CONTEST, KIDS ACTIVITIES-KIDS, MAKE A CHICKEN THEMED HAT TO WEAR AT THE MEET UP!!
Bring your own pic nic lunch, drink and chair. Desert will be provided.

and of course, BRING YOUR BIRDS!!
jumpy.gif

Hosted by Knock Kneed Hen & All-American-Chick & dfdesigns (Allison & Renee & Dana)
**PM KKH if you'd like to enter the deviled egg contest OR if you'd like to donate a prize or raffle item.

*******************************************************************************************************

Coming:
Knock Kneed Hen - possibly Swedish Flower cockerels.
All-American-Chick - a sizzle silkie roo, fertile welsummer eggs for hatching and of course goat milk soap
dfdesigns -A Barred Rock & Partridge Cochin, both good layers & nice birds $20 each.
SunnyCalifornia -
OverTheHenHouse-
flower -Bringing Large White Am chicks, eggs for hatching. Would like to buy bantam hatching eggs. Specifically bantam black polish, BBS silkie, serama any color, bantam NNs not buff or red, Ams BBS bantam. Also bringing saddles.
Mar77 -
Luvanimals2 - Looking for olive eggers. Tomato and pepper seeds on the seed mats so I could probably do some trading. I also have blueberry starts, strawberry (sequoia and albion), raspberry and blackberry bareroots. If interested, I can list them.
CANewbieChick -
wwmicasa1 -maybe
perchie.girl -
WFF - may be bringing Lavender Orpington chicks
mxschwartz -
WhiteMountainsRanch - 1 gallon Blackberry bushes and Aloe vera right now, check website for more.
Kev -Tomaru cockerels, possibly pair (PM if interested),can bring LF mixed color NN/Turken hatching eggs, pretty good layers, some lay big blue eggs. Blue,barred, black, barred, blue tail buff probably will be the main colors -MAYBE have BLR naked neck eggs (PM if interested in any birds as it's a distance to travel with them)
Phage &/or Emily -Started Swedish flower hen roos and maybe pairs. Maybe some BLRW chicks/started birds. **Would prefer to only bring the birds that people are interested in.
SD_Paulo-maybe coming, if someone is interested we can bring a dozen or so (depending on how they are laying) of our French Blue/Black Copper Maran eggs.
pongo-maybe
ye old barn -
RHRanch - I think I can go as well. I may have Barred Bearded Olive Egger Project eggs (3rd generation) and BC Marans eggs. If anyone wants him, I have a mutt cochin cockerel about 6 weeks old at time of meetup. LOL - I am looking for NN eggs, Ameraucana eggs, Gold Neck D'uccle eggs. I also have some Gold Neck D'uccle pullets that I might consider selling (6). No roo. Also, would be interested in a pair or trio of swedish flower hens, pm me anyone with prices and availability.
GoodLuckCharlie!- Sweet White Leghorn pair for sale or trade
jules4fun -
chef glenn - I can bring some N/N eggs, along with Serama eggs and newly laying Seramas, and of course have some dandy Roos.Oh yes, of course I will have on hand lotsa fresh roasted coffee beans.
MissusC -
PsychoChicken - maybe
azureus -
Judy & Evelyn -
molinamama -
SoCalDorkings - I have the following birds available that were all hatched around the beginning of December:
3 Buckeye (2 girls and a boy, or 2 boys and a girl?), 5 BCM, Non Standard colored pet/layer quality Dorkings of both sexes. Rose Comb and Single Comb. Dorking/LF White Cochin Cross. Really nice looking barnyard birds.If you are interested in any of these, please PM me. I can bring them to the meet up. Pictures available on request.
Compost Girl -
YeOldeBarn6
-will be bringing Flax seed body and eye hot/cold pillows, jellies and handmade soaps to sell.

We'll do our best to keep this list updated and will re-post it at least once a week. PM me if you want something added or changed. Thank you
cool.png

Last edited:
Check the original post as it's been updated with a change of venue. It'll also be starting a bit earlier too!

Thank You Dana, for hosting!!! I might just wait until then to pick up my bag of scratch, if that's okay.

I will venture to say that myself and my daughter will be entering deviled eggs.
big_smile.png
I didn't even know she knew how to make them, until she just whipped them up one day. (She's only 9)

I think I can go as well. I may have Barred Bearded Olive Egger Project eggs (3rd generation) and BC Marans eggs. If anyone wants him, I have a mutt cochin cockerel about 6 weeks old at time of meetup. LOL - I am looking for NN eggs, Ameraucana eggs, Gold Neck D'uccle eggs. I also have some Gold Neck D'uccle pullets that I might consider selling (6). No roo. Also, would be interested in a pair or trio of swedish flower hens, pm me anyone with prices and availability.

Last edited:
I think I can go as well. I may have Barred Bearded Olive Egger Project eggs (3rd generation) and BC Marans eggs. If anyone wants him, I have a mutt cochin cockerel about 6 weeks old at time of meetup. LOL - I am looking for NN eggs, Ameraucana eggs, Gold Neck D'uccle eggs. I also have some Gold Neck D'uccle pullets that I might consider selling (6). No roo. Also, would be interested in a pair or trio of swedish flower hens, pm me anyone with prices and availability.

I can trade you some Ameraucana eggs for some Olive egger and BC Marans eggs if your interested?

I'll go! It'll be nice to see everyone again.

I also will be trading/selling my handsome White Leghorn (Foghorn) and his sister (Thora) together as a pair to a good home.
'Foghorn Leghorn' is VERY sweet and fantastic to all the hens, and Thora is a great egg-layer-about 2 eggs a day.
The Leghorns sleep in our trees between mine/my neighbor's house, and its bothering them that he crows by their house.
So they need a great home to go to.
Foghorn is truely sweet, unlike my first Roo I had... 'Thor the Beast'.

All of them are organic fed, extremely kind and friendly, hand fed and great foragers. They would sit in your lap and soak up the sun.

I would trade or sell them at a good price for a good home. I'll try to get pictures of them today.
Thanks,
Laura

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom