Sandhill Preservation Center - Breeds

Quote:
Every batch of chicks I received from him, they looked like the right kind as chicks, but feathered out to be the WAY WRONG BIRDS!!! I know of a few people that have received the wrong birds from this hatchery - but they do not respond to any emails or calls about it.
Just my 2 cents!

they are not a hatchery. they are breed preservationist. some of his breeds are better than others. he is very honest about that. if i needed some birds, i would buy from them again. if you cant breed and cull birds then go get some show birds from someone that can.

I am not sure if I would call him a preservationist either.....if he was to perserve a breed, at least he would raise the breed like it supposed to be according to the standard, not having birds that just do not look like the breed itself.

I can appreciate his honesty of not expecting to raise show quality animals but having too many oddities/flaws in the flock is damaging to "preserve a breed".

Quote:
Finaly the voice of reason............... well said. why would they pretend to say they are a breed preservationist and then turn around and not come close to any standard at all, it's just hatchery mumbo Jumbo. I cannot believe the thing's Hatchery's spin on unsuspecting customers to get them to buy very substandard birds and get away with charging a $ pantload $ for a cull bird at best.

AL

so is his delaware stock not worth checking out either? i was thinking about ordering a few to work into my flock... but not if they are just trumped up hatchery stock

al? do you know?

Back
Top Bottom