Sandhill Preservation Center - Breeds

punk, i have bought other breeds from him and know people that have got delawares from him. i would not hesitate to buy heirloom seeds from them or delawares. the only complaint that i have was the red sussex were too variable in color and every columbian wyandotte died in shipping. they gave me an extra 25 chicks to replace the dead wyandottes. i have to admit that there was a large male to female ratio.

I had 15 black orps from them. I sold 3 as chicks. Out of the 11 that are left I ended up with 6 roos and 5 hens. So I'm happy. 2 of the hens are filling out really nice with large size and big, puffy butts. I was planning on butchering all the roosters so I could breed only to my lav. roo, but a couple of them are looking pretty good too. I have no complaints about the orpingtons I bought from them. I do have a partridge chantecler hen that's color is a little off. Some of her feathers have the pencilling, but others are barred.

Quote:
I know you were at the NEBC show. A lot of birds there were bought from sandhill. The quality on some birds were exceptional!

If your going to buy from a hatchery, do it from sandhill
smile.png

Back
Top Bottom