Sapphire Gem missing

GoldenBlossoms

Songster
May 30, 2022
So this is my first time owning a Sapphire Gem, I picked her up as a chick this past April along with 5 other chicks (all different breeds I only grabbed one Sapphire Gem)

And now she has gone missing. Has been missing for 2 maybe 2 1/2 days now. My chickens free range and are typically safe do to a large tree/bush mini forest thing, we have for them pretty close to their coop and our front door. But losing a chicken I understand is never 0 when free range. But that's the thing. The other chickens (8) don't seem traumatized, there are no feathers of hers anywhere. Our dog didn't go crazy, and everyone is still comfortable and happy being in the open. (All this the day she went missing) she came out with everyone for mid day treats but once it was bed time we only noticed her missing because she never went into the coop that night. And we haven't seen her since. Any advice would help. Did a very sneaky predator get her? Is she hiding eggs? (I have never seen her lay eggs before and so idk if she has even started laying) thanks.

It could be either of those. I have seen foxes completely disarm dogs by pretending to be friendly. You may find her, or it could be she got taken. I've seen some similar mysteries, too.

It could be either of those. I have seen foxes completely disarm dogs by pretending to be friendly. You may find her, or it could be she got taken. I've seen some similar mysteries, too.
Oh wow I didn't know foxes could do that. Also I don't know if we have foxes here. I know we have Coyotes though so they might do the same thing. Idk

Oh wow I didn't know foxes could do that. Also I don't know if we have foxes here. I know we have Coyotes though so they might do the same thing. Idk
It seems to only be something that foxes know how to do as far as I know, but you never know. I'll bet a bird could swoop down on one side of the yard and not scare the other side, too. I wonder if dogs would bark at a bird?

Are you in the US? I am curious where there are coyotes and not foxes.

It seems to only be something that foxes know how to do as far as I know, but you never know. I'll bet a bird could swoop down on one side of the yard and not scare the other side, too. I wonder if dogs would bark at a bird?

Are you in the US? I am curious where there are coyotes and not foxes.
I am in the US but on an island lol I haven't seen foxes but have seen and heard Coyotes lol

We live in California and we have a huge problem with coyotes. They come, take chickens sometimes when it's still light out, and you don't see a single bit of evidence. Our neighbor's dogs often don't bark when they come through. I'm sorry for your loss. 😥

Back
Top Bottom