Sapphire Gem pullet or roo?

Doucechicks6

In the Brooder
Mar 22, 2024
Got this ~4 week old Sapphire Gem chick from TS, and truly thought it was a pullet at first. As it’s grown though, I’m beginning to second guess. I don’t recall it having a white mark on its head when we first got it, but maybe on its wings? She also looks different from the other Sapphire Gem we got - she has far less tail feathers. Added some photos and the one in question is the one labeled “Misty”.

Attachments

• IMG_3137.png
    IMG_3137.png
    2.2 MB · Views: 60
  • IMG_3106.jpeg
    IMG_3106.jpeg
    507.1 KB · Views: 41
  • IMG_2647.jpeg
    IMG_2647.jpeg
    457.5 KB · Views: 41
Got this ~4 week old Sapphire Gem chick from TS, and truly thought it was a pullet at first. As it’s grown though, I’m beginning to second guess. I don’t recall it having a white mark on its head when we first got it, but maybe on its wings? She also looks different from the other Sapphire Gem we got - she has far less tail feathers. Added some photos and the one in question is the one labeled “Misty”.
It's a pullet. If it were male it would have had a headspot. Also would feather out with barring.

I hope so! I had read somewhere it could be a head spot OR wing spot, so I second guessed myself.
These are Blue Sexlinks, so only Males would have a headspot.

Any chick that's black/blue will likely have white wing spots no matter the gender.

Back
Top Bottom