Sarah Chicken mom beginner

sswistak

In the Brooder
Apr 18, 2023
Hello,

My name is Sarah and I live in Blair NE. This season is my first season with chickens however my sister in law across the street started her flock 2 years ago so I have had a little experience. We live on 2.5 acres. We started this year with 10 chickens who are 6 weeks old. However, I think 4 ended up being roosters (one of the main reason I joined this site).

When we purchased them we were told we bought pullets of the following breads
2 Easter Eggers
2 Leg Horns
2 Americaunas

And straight runs of
2 Plymouth Barred Rock
2 Rhode Island Reds

We got them because they are so cute. But also once you have fresh eggs from your backyard (or you sister in laws) you can never eat store bought again l!
Besides learning how to raise a flock I am a nurse educator and enjoy watching my son play baseball and soccer and my daughter in her dance classes

Hello,

My name is Sarah and I live in Blair NE. This season is my first season with chickens however my sister in law across the street started her flock 2 years ago so I have had a little experience. We live on 2.5 acres. We started this year with 10 chickens who are 6 weeks old. However, I think 4 ended up being roosters (one of the main reason I joined this site).

2 Easter Eggers
2 Leg Horns
2 Americaunas

And straight runs of
2 Plymouth Barred Rock
2 Rhode Island Reds

We got them because they are so cute. But also once you have fresh eggs from your backyard (or you sister in laws) you can never eat store bought again l!
Besides learning how to raise a flock I am a nurse educator and enjoy watching my son play baseball and soccer and my daughter in her dance classes
Hi Sarah ! It’s nice to meet you. Welcome to BYC!

Hello,

2 Easter Eggers
2 Leg Horns
2 Americaunas

And straight runs of
2 Plymouth Barred Rock
2 Rhode Island Reds

:welcome

Back
Top Bottom