Sardines?

Discussion in 'Egg, Chicken, & Other Favorite Recipes' started by booker81, Jul 23, 2010.

1. booker81

booker81 Redneck Tech Girl

Apr 18, 2010
    Mid-MI
    After I brief conversation with a friend, thought I'd ask - any sardine fans??

I LOVE them. Super crazy nutritions (lots of vitamins and calcium), easy, and storable.

I'm having some right now on crackers with some stoneground mustard and Jarlsberg cheese [​IMG]

(Friend is all ewwwwwwwwww [​IMG] I'm used to it!)

2. eggcited2

eggcited2 Songster

Jul 8, 2010
    Illinois
    I don't know if I like them anymore or not. Been a very long time since I ate any.

When I was a kid, my mom would serve them a lot for meals, and for some reason, usually when we would have chili soup.

Then later in the mid 1970's I was on Weight Watchers; back in the day of fish, fish, fish, fish, fish, fish. You had to eat fish at least seven times a week. Back then the stores did not have fish like today. All you had was canned tuna, canned salmon, and sardines. When you have one of those every day, 7 days a week for a couple years, you really get to hate them. [​IMG] And often times, a person would end up having tuna or sardines twice a day.

It has been a long time now, and I don't know if I am over the taste of haivng it all the time or not. Afraid to try it and find out. [​IMG]

3. Sir Birdaholic

Sir Birdaholic Night Knight

If I want fish, I'll go to the pond & catch it & eat it. I don't eat the minners though.[​IMG]

4. onthespot

onthespot Deluxe Dozens

Mar 29, 2008
    Riverside/Norco, CA
    I like the ones canned with chilis best! [​IMG]

5. dntd

dntd Songster

Dec 4, 2009
    I'm allergic to some fish, anchovies, trout and salmon, IDK if sardines would be a good idea to try. I like tuna but salmon sort of grossed me out as a sandwich as it's too fishy and with bones/scales yuck!

6. elijahboy

elijahboy Songster

Jul 29, 2009
    goose creek sc
    yyyyyyyyyuuuuuuuuuuuuuummmmmmmmmmmmmm sardines and grits!!!!!!!!!!!!

7. arabianequine

arabianequine Crowing

Apr 4, 2010
    I love the taste and on crackers is the only way I have tried them....but I am really picky and too much work to do that often. I pick the scale and bones out as much as possible. [​IMG][​IMG]

8. chickabator

chickabator Songster

Nov 30, 2007
    ky
    Love Them !!!!!!

9. sourland

sourland Broody Magician Premium Member 9 Years

May 3, 2009
    New Jersey
    Love them! Sardine and onion sandwich on rye bread- Bye, time for an early lunch.

10. BlackBart

BlackBart Songster

Mar 29, 2009
    Love them, Sardines on Stoned Wheat Thins , the best ever

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by: