Saying Goodbye to Spook

hit.gif
hugs.gif
<--- the only things I know to say
sad.png

Quote:
It happened so fast. She had surgery/biopsy on Monday to remove part of this growth that had spread from the back of her neck all the way to the base of her tail. It was first thought to be staph, but just kept spreading. We took her home Monday evening thinking everything would be fine. Dr. thought he knew what it was (Cushing's Disease) and when we got the test results to prove it, we would start treatment. I even asked him if he thought she was strong enough to handle the treatment. "Oh yeah! She will do fine."

Come Tuesday she still wasn't really coming around. We called the doc in the afternoon when she hadn't eaten anything. Spook always eats. All she would do is drink and then throw up. He said if she wasn't better in the morning to bring her in and he would do some test on her.

Wednesday morning we were there bright and early. She wasn't getting any better. Tests showed she was in the stages of kidney failure. She was put on ID drips in hopes it would turn her around. Thursday morning it hadn't gotten any better and we were back at the vet. By time I was starting to notice a very heavy odor. When the vet came in and talked to us I told him about it. It was because of her kidneys. That's when he told us that it wasn't looking good and that we had to start considering letting her go. I told him that if she didn't get any better we would. I asked him if he would allow me to do it at home because I didn't want her to be afraid when she went. (She hated going to the vet)Because she already had the IV hook-up he agreed.

We took her home, trying to be strong for her, but we new the truth. I told Lurchie that I wanted to take her down to Lake Keeowee in SC, one of her favorite places. We would kayak and camp down there before I got sick. I called the vet and asked him to prepare the shot for me and that I would be down to pick it up. Couldn't let her suffer any more.

I'm really lost right now. A large part of me is missing. I keep looking for her, but she's not here. I've survived so much in my life, this is the only time I not wanted to keep going. I want to go to sleep and never wake-up because she is there. I can see her, touch her and I am whole again.

I Just re-read this... it kills me.
hit.gif

Quote:
She was a very special dog who was loved by a very special person. My special needs daughter lost her dog on April 9th 2010 and Just this month I finally found her a dog that she can love and who will love her we are talking about get her new dog trained as a service dog just wondering where to start.
hugs.gif
I hope the pain has lessened with time.

Back
Top Bottom