Saying Hello!

hdmed

Hatching
May 1, 2017
Chesterland, Ohio
Quick intro - my daughters and I have followed the FB page for over a year and chicken math got us good this year. We started with 4 last summer and lost them to a raccoon but then we did more homework and built a better coop. We bought nine more plus a turkey (RIP Mr. Gibbles) and by January we were down to 4 who started laying gorgeous eggs.

In late February we started visiting Tractor Supply regularly and also discovered Cackle Hatchery. We are now at 64 chickens of all kinds plus 12 ducks!

Thanks to all who offer great advice - we wouldn't be where we are without all the hints and tips the BYC community offers!

Heidi

welcome-byc.gif

The thing about raising chickens is that you can't be chicken.

Sorry about the earlier loss.

But your chicken math sounds about right.

Welcome to the club.

Spook

G’Day from down under Heidi
frow.gif
Welcome!

I am sorry to hear of your losses
sad.png

However, I hope you enjoy being a BYC member. There are lots of friendly and very helpful folks here so not only is it overflowing with useful information it is also a great place to make friends and have some fun.

You might want to also pop in and say hello on your local thread: https://www.backyardchickens.com/f/26/where-am-i-where-are-you ‘Find your State’s thread.

If you would like to share pictures and stories of your flock, you have come to the right place. BYC’ers never tire of these and do not back away slowly or commence eye rolling when the photo album or home videos come out
wink.png

Nice to meet you Heidi, glad you joined us at Backyard chickens. You may want to check out the predator threads, for advice on repelling more attacks.

Back
Top Bottom