Scalely leg mites

Absolutely NOT! Not only is it toxic, a petroleum product, but it burns like the dickens on open wounds, which is precisely what mite bites are... OPEN WOUNDS.
Thanks for telling me! (I don't how to add two quotes to a post, but @Starburst I'm including you) I had read about it in that article, but now I know never to use that method. I won't recommend it to others either, thank you so much for telling me!

Thanks for telling me! (I don't how to add two quotes to a post, but @Starburst I'm including you) I had read about it in that article, but now I know never to use that method. I won't recommend it to others either, thank you so much for telling me!
After looking into it a bit, I'm a bit confused. Other people seem to think it's fine? I'm not trying to say that you guys are wrong, or be rude. I'm just confused about what's going on with this method. Is it generally accepted to be good or bad, and I'm coming across exceptions? I found this BYC thread when looking further into it, which is what's causing me some confusion. https://www.backyardchickens.com/threads/gas-dip-for-scaly-leg-mites-on-feathered-feet.1186063/

After looking into it a bit, I'm a bit confused. Other people seem to think it's fine? I'm not trying to say that you guys are wrong, or be rude. I'm just confused about what's going on with this method. Is it generally accepted to be good or bad, and I'm coming across exceptions? I found this BYC thread when looking further into it, which is what's causing me some confusion. https://www.backyardchickens.com/threads/gas-dip-for-scaly-leg-mites-on-feathered-feet.1186063/
That method is what old-time farmers always did, with kerosene or gasoline...that type of stuff before people began to realize it was doing more harm than good for the chickens with all those chemicals and pain a chicken might experience in the process. However, many people still think it's fine as it was used for so long. And they're not wrong, it works...but it's just not good for the overall health of chickens so it's a good idea to steer away from using it on your birds

That method is what old-time farmers always did, with kerosene or gasoline...that type of stuff before people began to realize it was doing more harm than good for the chickens with all those chemicals and pain a chicken might experience in the process. However, many people still think it's fine as it was used for so long. And they're not wrong, it works...but it's just not good for the overall health of chickens so it's a good idea to steer away from using it on your birds
Ok! Thank you for the explanation, that clears up any confusion. I'm sorry @AshleyB97 for hijacking your thread a bit, I'll let the experts work their magic now.

Back
Top Bottom