Scalped Hen! Help! *Graphic Pics*

Ive had this happen to two of my girls. One healed up just fine and loved being the 80's chicken of the flock. She was a light gray with a nice purple head
gig.gif
Now I have one girl who spend a day inside to heal up and dry off from the spraying. She now has a Mohawk from the scab.

The white girl I thought was a goner. Her skin was torn almost all the way around her neck
ep.gif
I thought I was going to have to cull her but I decided to wrap her up and give her some nice digs to hang out in and she surprised me for sure. I could of sworn she would of gotten an infection but she healed up great. They are a very hearty bird for sure. Wish I could heal like that.

Love the 80's chicken Emmalion!
wink.png

I got home form work and Lucy looks even better, I cleaned it again with some antibiotic spray. The skin on her neck is already kind of reattaching itself if that makes sense- I also put neosporin on the wound (the non pain-relief kind) and she seems a lot better. She also laid an egg today, what a trooper!

Blue Kote is king at my house for this stuff...it lasts awhile and doesn't leave an oil slick that can trap germs.

Back
Top Bottom