Scaly leg mites! I've tried everything!!

Quote:
i think I will give it a try MsNibbles! Is there any specific spot to drop it on the legs? all over? a lot or just a few drops? Sorry I have so many questions! I just want these things gone!
fl.gif

Thanks everyone!! I really appreciate it!

Quote:
it might be a long time before I can get any pictures as we are leaving early tomorrow for vacation, but it looks just like the other pics of scaly legs to me. I have only treated once with Ivermectin, how often should I be? My family is not enjoying being unable to eat the eggs during Ivermectin treatment
roll.png

I would also like to know how to apply the Campho. After doing a few searches on here this morning I decided to try the Campho as a first treatment. Well I just got back from Rite Aid and am not sure how to apply the stuff. The only thing they had was 3/4oz bottle with no applicator. I was expecting a larger bottle also some type of applicator thingy...so not sure what to do with it now.
I bought some baby oil too so maybe I will try a dip in that first - till i figure out the correct way to use this stuff.

Thanks....always glad to get on here and know i'm not the only one dealing with a problem chicken
tongue.png

Ohhh.. also do I treat the whole flock? We just have 7 so i figured it was a good preventive measure, but don't want to go through the work if it is unnecessary.

I was given my "Sam" chicken by a very nice lady down the road. She is a fabulous layer and her personality is hilarious. She is "The Chicken In Charge". She takes her job seriously. However, she came to me with scaley leg mites. We have done all the above and we just can't cure her. She hasn't spread them to anyone else, and they don't seem to bother her, she just has some raised leg scales. We dust our house and chickens monthly and we treat Sam's legs weekly, but for the most part, we just enjoy her and don't stress it. They aren't spreading and everyone is happy!!
38728_154.jpg
This is our Sam and as you can tell, those mites aren't slowing her down at all! She is telling everyone what to do......knowing she isn't supposed to be up there! ;(

the scaley leg mites just seem to be getting worse. Everyone has it, and the scales continue to raise. I really hope the campho stuff works!!

juliawitt, Sam is adorable!!

Back
Top Bottom