SCAM WARNING

chicknmania

Free Ranging
17 Years
Jan 26, 2007
central Ohio
Now, this ought to be obvious, but in light of the difficult economic times and I'm guessing a lot of people are hungrier than normal....watch out for the Fidelity Internatiional lotto. People in our area have been getting letters through US mail but I read that letters are also sent via email. In the US mail version, they send you a winner's notification letter and enclose a checkk (which looks real) to pay taxes on your share of the winnings. I got one telling me I won $250,000.00. But the address wasn't quite right. The check I got was for $5,100.00, and the letter had a number to call for my "claims agent". The letterhead was from Fintrust Services Inc. I was curious enough to Google Fintrust and learned that they are primarily a collection agency,, based in Sweden, if I remember right. Hmmmmm. Then I Googled Fidelity International lotto and read testimonials from tons of people about this scam. Lastly, I was curious enough to call the number for my "claims agent", on our blind line, after I knew it was unlikely anyone would be there. The voice mail for this person was downright scary. I mean he sounded like Dracula, Scary enough to be funny. OH, well. Don't try to cash or deposit the check just to see if it will clear, either. Believe me, it won't. More trouble for you A mean trick, but certainly a sign of the times.
roll.png
duc.gif

Just remember, NO ONE will give you something for nothing....ESPECIALLY from the internet.

Nothing but creeps and scallowaggs on the internet......If you can't look them in the eye and shake their hand...you aint getting "A Deal"

I don't trust ANYTHING I get in E-mail unless I KNOW the sender BY NAME---IN PERSON and I ASKED FOR THE E-MAIL TO BE SENT!!!!!

My Delete folder is HUGE LOL!!!!

I got one of those but my check was 4900.00 and it was from the makers of budwiser. I tried to call the number but all I got was they were not available. the check went to the burn can. I may be stupid but I am not dumb!

Actually, if you get them, don't throw them out, take them to a bank and turn it in. They'll call a government agency (don't remember if it was the FBI or who it was) and track them down. My brother just recently got one, and they had to make photocopies of it and everything. The government means business, lol.

Back
Top Bottom