Scam?

Quote:
Yep shows English is far from there first language.

Even if English was far from their first language, it doesn't necessarily mean it was a scam. Besides, you used the wrong there (their, they're) and I still trust you.
tongue2.gif
hide.gif

Quote:
Yep shows English is far from there first language.

Even if English was far from their first language, it doesn't necessarily mean it was a scam. Besides, you used the wrong there (their, they're) and I still trust you.
tongue2.gif
hide.gif

Yes it does. No one that has actually used the English language by/while actually living in the US is going to make that mistake. Nor is someone here learning the language by immersion. This is a person that has learned the language in a class room environment but has very little practice in its actual use.

Perhaps the writer is not a native English speaker and meant to type clarify, couldn't spell it correctly and the spellcheck came up with qualify?

Still all seems fishy to me...

Is it possible the person does not speak english well and is actually asking for eggs so they can hatch them and then grow them up and THEN eat the birds?

DONT call anyone back if you are even slightly suspicious and dont accept any payment form that can be faked, you know the routine....

I think that some replies from CL ads automatically include that scam warning- Ive gotten it before and still done business with the person and it was all legit.

Quote:
Maybe but useing the term "qualify a question" or "qualify some information" is correct use of the word on paper. But it is not actually used. Its only incorrect because of standard use. If it was someone learning English threw immersion they would never think to use this word that way. But someone who knows the language threw classes but not threw immersion would know this use but would not know it is not a normal use of the word.

Last edited:
with the Nigerian scam all they have to do is have someone on the US side that his helping with the scam. so please be careful if they are trying to send you a money order or any type of check for much more than the amount you are asking for the item and then asking for the difference back. if you do receive any check like this call the Police!

maybe you could direct her to someone that is nearby in TN that has some duck and goose eggs for sale? there are plenty of people on here i see all the time from that direction that might be able to help you and her! here's hoping she is legit if you decide to sell to her.

Quote:
LOTS of scams are conducted by fake money order. talk to your bank about this... how long you'd have to hold it before there's any possibility of return for fraud, and if your bank charges *you* a fee if that happens.

Quote:
A lot of money orders are fake. Some are so good even the bank can't tell. Personally I would stay clear.

Back
Top Bottom