Scared of their new area.

Sorry I just now saw you posted here!

They are doing pretty good. They still quack a lot at night, they are still missing feathers and the girls are not laying, still.....

My girls are really confusing my this year!
I found the first duck egg yesterday by accident turning shavings and hit it with the shovel of course it broke but to get an egg this early is amazing, but weather is crazy here too. Are your boys fighting [missing feathers] or is it the girls that are missing them? one of my older ducks 9yrs and counting just finished up her molt still growing feathers out.

I wonder why they are quacking so much at night? Predators possibly?Since mine are locked up in their houses at night I never hear a word out of them, but hopefully someone who has had the quacking at night can give some advise on what to do if it's a bother, but I'd be worried maybe preds are coming around scaring them, that would be my first guess.

That has been our first guess too. But we have yet to see anything. They are down in our field and I can see them and their pen and I never see any predators. I hope I am not missing anything :(

I don't know. I just want them healthy and happy!!

That has been our first guess too. But we have yet to see anything. They are down in our field and I can see them and their pen and I never see any predators. I hope I am not missing anything
sad.png

I don't know. I just want them healthy and happy!!
If you feel you've done all you can to make as secure a area as you can then hopefully if it is preds they are just passing thru, we all have them coming around we just have to make sure we have done all we can to protect our flocks.

So I recorded a video of the quacking. It have been going on now for 4 hours. I have been out 4 times and it hasn't stopped.

I'm sleep deprived my husband is getting ****** because he can't sleep either, soon I promise my neighbors will be upset.

What is wrong with them!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Wow that quacking is bizarre! Poor you :( i wonder what's bothering them... How old are they? Do you think they miss you? Do they have shelter or is it just and open fence?

They are two groups some are two years old the other ones will be a year old in July. They have a nice warm hoop house. So I picked a corner and sat down for about an hour and a half and just watched the property and watch them. I wanted to see because I wanted to see if something was coming around. She was still going crazy and nothing was there. This isn't the first night. We were locking them up and she still does it. :(

They are two groups some are two years old the other ones will be a year old in July. They have a nice warm hoop house. So I picked a corner and sat down for about an hour and a half and just watched the property and watch them. I wanted to see because I wanted to see if something was coming around. She was still going crazy and nothing was there. This isn't the first night. We were locking them up and she still does it.
sad.png
When you lock them up does the quacking seem less noticeable? you may have to keep them locked up at night , and have you tried a solar light they come in motion and dusk to dawn. Just guessing though on what might help. What were they doing just standing around quacking, seemed stressed out about something? just quacking to hear themselves quack? You say "she" so it's only one duck doing this?

Back
Top Bottom