Scaredy chickens......

Discussion in 'Chicken Behaviors and Egglaying' started by trulefty, Jan 5, 2010.

1. trulefty

trulefty Out Of The Brooder

Dec 12, 2009
    Magnolia, Ms
    I scared the beegeesus out of the girls this morning!! It was cold when I went to let them out and I had on a carhart jacket with the hood up. I stand outside and open the coop door and they come screaming and flying out!!!!! One stayed in and and continued to holler and the others ran and hid!!!! I guess it must have been the hood...... [​IMG]

Stupid chickens........ two didn't lay today....[​IMG]

2. jnine

jnine Out Of The Brooder

Dec 19, 2009
    The Great South East
    I've raised one of my hens by hand from a young chick, and the other from about 12 weeks - and they are both very timid and run away if you try and go near them. The rooster I had (which I raised with the hen), was very tame and would sit on your lap and take food from your hand (and try to take it from your mouth if not careful!)

I hope they get over it... soon.... they are about 21 weeks now, but not laying

3. Cindiloohoo

Cindiloohoo Quiet as a Church Mouse

Dec 19, 2009
    Southwest TN
    [​IMG] Never know how chickens will react! Cute story!

4. You should see what my Guineas do if i wear something different......

5. Tala

Tala Flock Mistress

Mine actually seemed unusually calm when I wore my puffy insulated camo bibs. Maybe they just couldn't see me? [​IMG]

6. Mountain Sunshine

Mountain Sunshine Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 24, 2009
    Cleveland, Georgia
    mine act really scared when they see me with a hood on too! So now I try to go around them more often with a hood on so they can get used to it. (especially now that it's freezing).
    It is funny how they react to different things!

7. spammy

spammy Out Of The Brooder

Aug 17, 2009
    if I don't wear a baseball cap my rooster will stalk me.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by