Scaring A Coon From Coop

Mr Oviraptor

Songster
Dec 9, 2021
So I just had a Coon get 2-3 Of my Ringneck Doves, I'm unsure it just happened, I went out there and spooked him off I didn't see him so I'm not 100% sure it was a Coon but the way it got two Doves from the fence and fought my Bantam Rooster whoms head is bleeding, I'm pretty sure it was a Coon, Will he come back tonight since I can't fix up my electric wire tonight, Fast answers would be nice, Thank you

There is a good possibility he will be back tonight unless he just got his fill. He will definitely be back tomorrow night. Once they find a food source, they are relentless.

Oh yeah…he’ll be back. Sorry for your loss!

Bring the birds into a safe place like garage until you can fix up area and get coon trapped.

If you trap, know that relocation is typically prohibited bc they are disease vectors and then create problems elsewhere. So, be prepared to humanely dispatch the coon.

Coons like wet cat food, canned fish, hard boiled eggs, or marshmallows.

Good luck getting this fixed.

Oh yeah…he’ll be back. Sorry for your loss!

Bring the birds into a safe place like garage until you can fix up area and get coon trapped.

If you trap, know that relocation is typically prohibited bc they are disease vectors and then create problems elsewhere. So, be prepared to humanely dispatch the coon.

Coons like wet cat food, canned fish, hard boiled eggs, or marshmallows.

Good luck getting this fixed.
Saw the guy agian, Turns out its not a Coon-, Looked more like a Spotted Skunk, Not a Striped, I don't think I'm allowed to kill thoes here in Missouri, I've delt with Coons before and had issues with them, I just hope I can do something about this guy, Perhaps trapping somehow

Back
Top Bottom