Scary duck moment... Please help!!

jackoeVogel23

In the Brooder
Mar 25, 2017
Tonight we were giving our Pekin ducks water. I have one that is a heavy breather so I have been keeping my eye on him. I gave them water from the garage spout. As he was drinking, all of a sudden he squealed and ran around crazy.. we were so scared and didn't know what to do. My husband then caught him and pixked him up, he calmed down after a few seconds. We thought maybe he had a brain freeze, maybe the water was too cold or could something floating in the water (like bedding) get suck in his beak hole. I replaced the water with luke warm water and he was fine after. Has this ever happened to anyone's ducks? It was very scary and we didn't know what to do!!
1f622.png
1f622.png

Are you sure the Duckling wasn't just acting silly?.....My Ducklings get excited and take off running and flapping their wings..They usually run so fast they trip over their feet..I happens when I bring in a bowl of watery salad or refresh their pail of water.....I sure hope nothing is wrong with the Duckling...:(......Keep an eye on it....:)

Best wishes.....

Cheers!

I don't think it was excited by the way it was acting. He was just darting around and hitting the ground and wouldn't stop until my husband picked him up. It was really scary.

Back
Top Bottom