schaghticoke

Discussion in 'Chickenstocks, Shows, Meet-Ups' started by chicks, Apr 30, 2009.

1. chicks

chicks Out Of The Brooder

Apr 18, 2009
    Bennington Vermont
    Hi there. i am new to chickens and my coop is ready to go. I am attending the Schaghticoke swap, but I'm only wanting to start with 3-4 chicks. Will i have a problem? i am really looking for Buff Orph. chicks or Barred rock chicks. Thanks:)

2. chickenphile

chickenphile Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 8, 2008
    Feura Bush, NY
    Welcome to the forum and to the world of chickens. I plan on attending also but am looking for guinea keets. From what I have heard you should have no problem finding your chicks..

Chris

3. chicks

chicks Out Of The Brooder

Apr 18, 2009
    Bennington Vermont
    Thanks, I'm excited and nervous. Got the lamp today and the feed and feeders, these little chicks better make it. So, you think i will be able to just buy a couple of each?

4. chickenphile

chickenphile Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 8, 2008
    Feura Bush, NY
    Sure, I went to a tailgate chicken show and got 4 golden comets and a khaki campbell duck. This show is supposed to be bigger. There is no six chick limit as far as I know. The people at the Canaan show were talking about this one and encouraging people to go to it.

Chris

5. rbseggs

rbseggs Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 11, 2007
    hello to both of you. This is generally a very large sale with a large variety of birds and small animals. You should not have a problem finding something that interests you. I will be there selling and hopefully buying a few things I need. See you there

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by