schedule

Kylo_Hen!

Crowing
5 Years
Jun 28, 2018
can i change the schedule my chicken lays she lays in the after noon but can i get her to lay in the morning?! thanks!

can i change the schedule my chicken lays she lays in the after noon but can i get her to lay in the morning?! thanks!
You're kidding, right?
If not kidding, the answer is no you can't.

It takes about 25 hours for an egg to form, a new ova is released shortly after an egg is laid.
A new egg could be laid approximately every 25-26 hours, so an hour or so later every day until one is laid late in the day and another ova might not be released until the following day, so a day off. BUT..very hen is different and only time will tell what a particular hen/pullets schedule might be. Not every hen/pullet lays every day..some only lay a few a week.

You're kidding, right?
If not kidding, the answer is no you can't.

It takes about 25 hours for an egg to form, a new ova is released shortly after an egg is laid.
A new egg could be laid approximately every 25-26 hours, so an hour or so later every day until one is laid late in the day and another ova might not be released until the following day, so a day off. BUT..very hen is different and only time will tell what a particular hen/pullets schedule might be. Not every hen/pullet lays every day..some only lay a few a week.
ookay!

Mine have their own schedule each is different. My leghorn has a cycle that’s diffrent completely. As she cycles to her “day off” (about every 8-9 days) she lays later and later. After her day off she’ll lay at dawn and the cycle begins again. Their hard working girls who are going to lay when they are good and ready! Go figure...

Back
Top Bottom