Scissor beak.

Discussion in 'Emergencies / Diseases / Injuries and Cures' started by ShaneM, Mar 18, 2017.

1. ShaneM

ShaneM Out Of The Brooder

May 28, 2015
    Hello everyone. So I recently hatched some chicks. One of them has scissor beak. It started off with just a little bit. But seems to be getting worse. Is there anything I can do to help fix it? Thanks [​IMG][/IMG]

2. ShaneM

ShaneM Out Of The Brooder

May 28, 2015
    [​IMG]

3. egghead@1265

[email protected] Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 24, 2011
    U.S.
    There is, keep searching. I miss my little scissors beak and wish I would have helped her! She was so sweet!

Good luck

4. kka1978

kka1978 New Egg

Mar 18, 2017
    Wyomimg
    I had a Red Star last year with a crooked beak and she is healthy and does just as well as my others. She is our Dolly girl!

5. jonezjollyfarm

jonezjollyfarm Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 19, 2015
    Illinois
    I believe the only "fix" is surgery which you probably won't find anyone to do it. I have a hen with scissor beak and she has done well. As long as you have crumbles for it to eat and keep a close eye on the beak ( it will need to be trimmed occasionally. The top and bottom) should be fine. We feed ours wet food. She gets a lot of baths. But she does well with it. And it helps her make friends because they all want a taste of the wet food. She's definitely the friendliest of all my chickens. She has yet to lay an egg but I don't care about that. She's my little lady.

6. dekel18042

dekel18042 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 18, 2013
    Pennsylvania
    I have one scissor beak and she does fine and lays well. Some have more problems that others. It may help if you have some feed in a more open type container as opposed to the poultry feeder with little round holes, so she is able to scoop it up
    After all, some hatcheries debeak birds and they have very little bill left and they still manage to eat.
    [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by