Scots Dumpy

BannerScotDumpy

Hatching
Jan 24, 2018
Hello I have a 6 month old Scots Dumpy rooster that I hatched from SD eggs I purchased on Ebay. Only one of the eggs hatched out of 13 sent. After researching SD I have read that they are hard to hatch. I also know they are a rare breed. I am wondering if there are other SD owners out there, looking for a rooster to help keep the breed going. I would love to hear from other SD owners.

I don't have any Scots Dumpys, but do understand that it is a rare breed. Can you get some more eggs and try to hatch out again??? Once you have a few chickens , you may be able to hatch more on your own. I know that shipped eggs have a poor hatch percentage record. Your own fertile eggs, especially if under a broody hen should give you much better results. Use a broody hen like a Cochin or Silkie to do the surrogate work.
WISHING YOU BEST..... and :welcome

Hello I have a 6 month old Scots Dumpy rooster that I hatched from SD eggs I purchased on Ebay. Only one of the eggs hatched out of 13 sent. After researching SD I have read that they are hard to hatch. I also know they are a rare breed. I am wondering if there are other SD owners out there, looking for a rooster to help keep the breed going. I would love to hear from other SD owners.
I would be very interested in your rooster! I have 1 Scots dumpy hen, and would love to work with the breed!

Back
Top Bottom