Scott-Anderson Homestead, in the making

The house will be here any day now!! We can't wait! The floor plan has finally been settled on, and if all goes like we plan we will have plenty of storage. I really wanted a wet room, but we won't have any where to get dressed and keep our clothes dry. Since our bathroom ceiling will be lower than normal we have decided to go with a schluter (I hope I spelled that correctly) shower kit. Since we will be working on a tight budget. This will give us time to save up for tile, still be able to shower, and not have to worry about finding a shower stall to fit our low ceiling; we just install the schluter to the ceiling, an cut the extra off. We will be going with stairs and not ladders, for the lofts. Tight, small, and narrow stairs, but stairs none the less. We will be utilizing the space under the stairs as extra storage, shelves, and cupboards. Washer and drier will be outside, behind the house in a add on.

Today we have started down sizing our belongings. We are keeping only half of our stuff. Half of our clothing, half of my books (I have two huge book cases full), half our dishes, half of the kids toys, etc., etc., etc. Pretty much, if we haven't used it in the last 30 days, we don't need it. You would be amazed at how much stuff has gone in the recycle, donation and the "why do I even have that?" piles!! My DVD collection will not be downsized however. I love cheesy B-rated horror!!!

@bettymae83 I'm looking forward to seeing pictures of your house. Downsizing is a good thing to do any time...stuff sure can add up quickly. I can do it but DH has a hard time letting go of all his "valuables".

@bettymae83 I'm looking forward to seeing pictures of your house. Downsizing is a good thing to do any time...stuff sure can add up quickly. I can do it but DH has a hard time letting go of all his "valuables".

My husband would not let me near his "man cave" LOL Seriously, why does he need 4 drills, and a 6 stacks of car magazines that he doesn't read? LOL

My husband would not let me near his "man cave" LOL Seriously, why does he need 4 drills, and a 6 stacks of car magazines that he doesn't read? LOL

Probably for the same reason my DH does..."just in case".
lol.png

YAY jst got word that they are finally accepting a bid!!!! WOOHOO!!!! Can't wait to see the property clean again!!! Oh, and it snowed this morning! It hasn't snowed here in almost 3 years! Must be a good sign!

Congratulations!
thumbsup.gif

It's bigger than I was expecting it to be. I like that you can do up the interior the way you want. And how helpful of your uncle to do the electrical work. You have some work cut out for you, but you'll be doing it on your own new house.

Yay!

I hope you'll post updates as it shapes up, that would be fun to see.

Congratulations!
thumbsup.gif

It's bigger than I was expecting it to be. I like that you can do up the interior the way you want. And how helpful of your uncle to do the electrical work. You have some work cut out for you, but you'll be doing it on your own new house.

Yay!

I hope you'll post updates as it shapes up, that would be fun to see.

Thank you so much! Right now we are continuing to focus on the property clean up. It's getting worse, since people have been dumping on it. I hope the bidder gets there ASAP!

Back
Top Bottom