Scrap Catcher

Discussion in 'Feeding & Watering Your Flock' started by hensandchickscolorado, Jul 27, 2011.

1. hensandchickscolorado

hensandchickscolorado Chillin' With My Peeps

May 14, 2011
    Englewood Colorado
  2. Saltcreek

Saltcreek Out Of The Brooder

Feb 20, 2011
    South Central Ohio
    I'd save my mony for $37.00. Whether you clean it off the ground or clean it out of the catcher, you're still going to have to clean it up. We cut the watermelon off the rinds, core the apples etc. Saves cleanup later. We just dump the slop in a shallow plastic tub used to mix morter for bricks, very cheap.

3. sparklechicken

sparklechicken Out Of The Brooder

Dec 8, 2010
    Creston, Ca
    I really want one, but I won't spend 40 on it! It looks like a metal magazine rack...maybe I could improvise a cheap one and wrap metal coat hangers around the gaps or something! I too am tired of cleaning up sticky dirty produce that the chickens won't touch. But I think with a little creativity I can make something similar.

4. Chemguy

Chemguy Chillin' With My Peeps

May 30, 2011
    Springfield, Ohio
    Quote:I think that there might be a product called a chart holder, like those that doctors' offices use outside of examination rooms, that could work like the scrap catcher. But, since only office supply stores are likely to sell these, I imagine that they are still overpriced for what they are. Yes, I am cheap!

5. AZBootsie

AZBootsie Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 10, 2010
    Congress, AZ
    My Coop
    My Chickens are messy eaters. I am pretty sure they would pull scraps out and scatter it around the coop anyway.

6. serendipity22

serendipity22 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 1, 2007
    NC
    Love Love Love this idea! And it looks so easy to clean. Can't wait to get mine! Since its all aluminum, it won't rust away and can be disinfected!! Love it!

7. ChezPoulez

ChezPoulez Out Of The Brooder

Jun 22, 2011
    Mill Valley, California
    I bought one and am quite happy with it. It's particularly nice for kale and other greens.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by