scrappy 9 patch swap on the Quilted Rooster Group

Quote:
If you were to take the blocks apart, each of the squares would be 4 1/2" x 4 1/2". They are sewn together with a 1/4" seam. The blocks you see are 12 1/2". When they are sewn into a quilt (also with a 1/4" seam they will be 12" square. The size is referred to as 12" finished or 12 1/2" unfinished. This type of block is easily done with strip piecing.

Ok Jody I am going to bite on this one as well. How many are we suppose to make again. I thought it was 6 and you keep 1 so we would be sending 5 to who? Can ya pm me with the address. Thanks also I am understanding that we would have to send ya a Pre Paid Envelope so we just would weigh the one we send and send one in with it self addressed with the return address being ours as well.

Thanks. Now to plan how many sets and pick the fabric out LOL. I washed everything I bought in the last 3 months and now am ready to iron and cut LOL.

I always wait to wash till I have lots and once washed then I will add it to the stash that way I know everything has been washed and is ready to work with.

My sister wants me to start going to a quilt class once a week with her. The lady who runs it is a cousin of ours. I met her for the first time and in talking she told me I was nuts to wash the fabric first. I may be new to quilting but I will be darned if I will give up the first rule of quilting which is good cotton fabric and wash and iron all fabric before working it into a quilt. I was not impressed.

Jody I'd love for you to run this swap here with the 9 patch block..maybe wait a few weeks until we all get Amy's blocks together. If you do start one up here, count me in, the 9 patch is really quick and easy so I would be interested.
smile.png

Scrambled we are all BYC's that are doing this swap from the quilted rooster board. Ya only need 6 by Jan 31 LOL You could do one set if ya pushed it LOL.

Thanks Jody got your PM raised ya one PM back. Getting busy right now in choosing the fabric and hope to be ironing and cutting tonight, 10 pups permitting.

Scrambled we are all BYC's that are doing this swap from the quilted rooster board. Ya only need 6 by Jan 31 LOL You could do one set if ya pushed it LOL.

Thanks Jody got your PM raised ya one PM back. Getting busy right now in choosing the fabric and hope to be ironing and cutting tonight, 10 pups permitting.

ROTFL!!! That would be like sewing on crack!! LOL!!! I will definately do the next one but I'll pass on the hyper drive this time!!! I do like the 9 patch so count me in when you start up again..which can't be too long since you cant make a quilt with 6 blocks anyway!!
wink.png

Back
Top Bottom